* Head has a serrated jaw
* Carapace is nearly oval in shape
* Carapace color varies from pale to very dark green (almost black) and plain to very brilliant yellow, brown and green tones with radiating stripes
* Round carapace and very flat. Margins folded and covered by thin, non-overlapping waxy scutes
* Carapace color is olive-grey, pale brown/yellow tones on margins
* Flipper color is creamy white
Note: only observed in coastal waters of the northwestern, northern and northeastern regions of Australia and the Gulf of Papua, New Guinea.