6 Simple Ways to Celebrate Earth Day!
Today is Earth Day! To celebrate our planet’s wildlife and habitats, STC has a few easy ways you can go a little greener…
- Use your feet: Walk, ride a bike, or take public transit on Earth Day instead of driving.
- Clean up litter. Eighty percent of the plastic debris in our oceans comes from land. It washes out to sea from our beaches, streets and highways. Participate in local clean up on Earth Day and help reduce the impact of litter on sea turtles.
- Visit a local park. Community, state, and national parks often host Earth Day events with activities for kids and adults. Find an event close to you and join in the fun!
- Spread the Earth Day message on Facebook and Twitter. If you love our planet, tell us what you are doing to go green on Earth Day on social media with a quick note or picture. We love to hear from turtle fans!
- Party for Turtles. Gather your family, friends and colleagues to raise awareness about sea turtles and the threats to their survival. STC has a complete turtle party planning kit to help you get started!
- Adopt a Turtle. Give a gift to the planet by adopting a turtle from Sea Turtle Conservancy, either for yourself or as a gift to someone else.