Barrier Island Center: Educational Programs: Sea Turtle Walk Reservation
Join us on a Guided Sea Turtle Walk!
During June and July the Sea Turtle Conservancy (STC) has a limited number of spaces for the public to join us on a guided turtle walk for the chance of seeing a nesting loggerhead sea turtle in the Archie Carr National Wildlife Refuge, Melbourne Beach, Florida USA.
Walks are conducted on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights between June 1 and July 28, 2023.
Space is limited to 20 people per night (this may be reduced due to Covid-19 restrictions).
Cost is $20 per person, paid in advance, to reserve your space.
You are responsible for your own transportation to the Barrier Island Center. Additional details will be provided once you have made a reservation.
Turtle Walk Information (Things You Need to Know)
Please read the following information before making your turtle walk reservation.
By checking the box below, you confirm that you have read and understand that:
- The Minimum Age is 10 years old;
- Walks start at 9 PM and can go as late as 1 AM, though they usually finish around midnight;
- You may need to walk up to 1/2 mile (about 20 – 30 minutes), each way, in soft sand. Our scouts and guides are not able to assist guests physically on the beach as they will be socially distancing;
- It will be dark, there will be mosquitoes and sand fleas;
- No refunds unless walk is cancelled by STC for non-weather reasons;
- STC cannot guarantee a turtle sighting or that all participants will observe the eggs drop; and
- Please stay home if you are showing any health symptoms. A guest or party who is symptomatic on arrival during a verbal health assessment by our walk leaders will be asked to leave. By registering for this program you are agreeing to leave if asked to for symptomatic reasons or in the case walks leaders deem that the status or behavior of your party may cause health and safety issues for other guests. Symptoms include: runny nose, coughing, sneezing, headaches, or a temperature over 100.4 F. Guests will also be asked to leave if they have a family member in their household who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
"*" indicates required fields