2012 Tour de Turtles T-Shirt Contest
Date: April 16, 2012
Contact: Rocio Johnson, Sea Turtle Conservancy, (352) 373-6441
Sea Turtle Conservancy (STC) is looking for talented artists to participate in the first Tour de Turtles T-Shirt Contest. Each year, STC produces a Tour de Turtles t-shirt a new design. We want to invite our members and supporters of all ages to enter their sea turtle artwork for a chance to be featured on the back of the 2012 shirts.
Tour de Turtles t-shirts will be sold at online and at the Live Turtle Release events, which will take place this year on July 28 – 29 in Melbourne Beach, Florida. T-shirt sales help raise funds this fun, educational program that follows the marathon migration of sea turtles from their nesting beaches to their foraging grounds.
To participate, please submit your sea turtle artwork to email@example.com by May 15, 2012, following the criteria below:
- Artwork can be created in any media (digital, watercolor, color pencils, etc);
- A high-resolution image or scan of the original artwork must be submitted by the artist or include written permission from the artist;
- Images must be 300 dpi or more;
- Include a brief description of the artwork and a short explanation of why turtles are important to you.
STC staff will choose the top three entries, and thenSTC fans will have an opportunity to vote on their favorite design for the 2012 Tour de Turtles t-shirts. The winner will have their artwork featured on the t-shirts as well as Tour de Turtles promotional materials. In addition, the top three designs will win the following prizes:
- First place – Two complimentary Tour de Turtles t-shirts, recognition at Tour de Turtles events and on www.tourdeturtles.org, artwork featured on STC’s Facebook page, and two tickets to attend the Tour de Turtles Kick Off Social in Melbourne Beach, Florida, on July 28.
- Second place – Two Tour de Turtles t-shirts
- Third place – One Tour de Turtles t-shirt
By submitting your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2012, you are granting STC rights to use your artwork for educational purposes. STC will not distribute your artwork without your written permission. The winners will be notified by email and on STC’s Sea Turtle Talk Newsletter.
Tips for a great design for t-shirt:
- Keep It Simple. STC uses a four-color printing process and simple artwork produces a more vivid image when printed on cotton.
- Turtles, Turtle Turtles. Artwork should feature sea turtles prominently.
- Theme Is Key. Tour de Turtles is about satellite-tracking, long distance migrations, nesting female sea turtles and education. The more the design incorporates these ideas, the better chances for winning.
- Colors. Tour de Turtles features a black, yellow and light blue color scheme, so remember to use some of these colors when creating your artwork.
Do you know a friend that can draw? Share this contest by emailing this page to a friend and share it on Facebook or Twitter @conserveturtles. ###
The Sea Turtle Conservancy, formerly known as the Caribbean Conservation Corporation, is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization based in Florida with offices and projects in several other locations. The Sea Turtle Conservancy is the oldest and most accomplished sea turtle organization in the world. Since its founding in 1959, the Sea Turtle Conservancy’s work has greatly improved the survival outlook for several species of sea turtles. The Sea Turtle Conservancy has as its mission the protection of sea turtles and the habitats upon which they depend. To achieve its mission, the Sea Turtle Conservancy uses research, habitat protection, public education, community outreach, networking and advocacy as its basic tools. These tools are applied in both international and domestic programs focusing on geographic areas that are globally important to sea turtle survival. For more information, visit the STC website at www.conserveturtles.org or call (800) 678-7853.