JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Senior Accountant **POSITION FILLED**
Job Announcement: Senior Accountant
Overview and Purpose
Sea Turtle Conservancy (STC) is based in Gainesville, Florida, and was founded by renowned sea turtle expert Dr. Archie Carr. STC is the oldest and one of the most accomplished sea turtle conservation organizations in the world. STC is hiring a Senior Accountant to assist the STC Controller in managing and accounting for projects in the US, Costa Rica, Panama, and the Caribbean.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position is full time, based in our Gainesville, Florida office. Accounting tasks will be many and varied, under the direct supervision of the Controller. They will include:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Grant administration of the Sea Turtle License Plate grant program
- Grant administration of the NFWF Lighting and Predation grant programs
- Grant reporting to Foundations
- Sorting and coding reports from Costa Rica and Panama
- Managing gift shop sales reports
- Preparation of 990 schedules and documents
- Human resource tasks
- Bank statement and investment reconciliation
- Board reports
- The senior accountant should possess the ability to work with and support the many members of our conservation team.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with non-profit accounting, grant or contract management preferred.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to simultaneously handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Skilled with general accounting software programs such as DacEasy or Peachtree.
- Strong conservation ethic desired.
- Position requires US citizenship.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary will be commensurate with experience (Range $55,000 – $65,000)
- Fully paid employee health and dental insurance.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Retirement plan initiated after 12 months employment.
- Work in a flexible, yet highly motivated non-profit environment with a close-knit team of professionals committed to sea turtle conservation.
Applications will be accepted until a candidate is selected. Apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to the Controller, Pat McCloskey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.